- Introduction and General Terms
- Types of personal data we collect and use
- Sharing of your personal data
- How you use our website (analytics)
- International transfers
- What if I am aged 18 or under?
- Direct Marketing Communications
- Links to websites of other providers third parties
- How long will the data be stored for?
- Protecting your privacy
- Right to Complain
Introduction and General Terms
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions) sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data that you provide to us. Please read it carefully.
This website is operated by My Home Move Conveyancing, a trading style of My Home Move Limited, a registered company in England and Wales under company number 03874320 and with our registered office at 1 Frances Way, Grove Park, Enderby, Leicester, LE19 1SH (“My Home Move Conveyancing”, “we”, “us” or “our” in this policy). My Home Move Limited is part of the Simplify Group of Companies.
My Home Move Conveyancing is committed to complying with the UK’s Data Protection law and the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) for the protection of personal data, as well as the principles of data security in the configuration of our service. Where we decide the purpose and means for which personal data you supply through this website is processed, we are the “data controller.”
The Data Protection Officer
My Home Move Conveyancing
1 Frances Way
Types of Data
Whether or not you become a customer of My Home Move Conveyancing, we may use your personal data for the reasons set out below. If you become a customer My Home Move Conveyancing will use it to either provide the conveyancing services to you or to fulfil our contract with you. My Home Move Conveyancing will collect most of the data directly but information collected both directly and directly are mentioned in this statement.
- Full name and personal details including contact information (e.g. work and home address, email addresses, telephone numbers (home and work), job title and company details and comments);
- IP address/location
- Personal data about other individuals involved in the transaction. You must have their authority to provide their personal data to us and share this data protection statement with them beforehand.
Providing your personal data
We will tell you if providing some personal data is optional, including asking for your consent to process it. In all other cases you must provide your personal data to enable My Home Move Conveyancing to provide services to you.
Monitoring of communications
Subject to applicable laws, we may monitor and record your calls, emails, text messages, social media messages and other communications in relation to your dealings with us. My Home Move Conveyancing will do this for regulatory compliance, for self-regulatory practices, crime prevention and detection, to protect the security of our communication systems and procedures, to check for obscene or profane content, for quality control and staff training.
Using your personal data: the legal basis and purposes
My Home Move Conveyancing processes your personal data for the following reasons:
1. As necessary to perform its contract with you for the relevant conveyancing service;
a) To provide quotes from our panel law firms and provide your data to them if you accept the quote.
b) To manage and perform that contract;
c) To update your records; and
2. As necessary for My Home Move Conveyancing’s own legitimate interests or those of other persons and organisations , for example:
(a) For good governance, accounting and managing and auditing of our business operations;
(b) To monitor emails, calls, other communications, and activities on the website.
(c) For market research, analysis and developing statistics;
(e) To monitor the progress of the Conveyancing service provided to you; and
(f) To enable satisfaction surveys to be conducted.
3. As necessary to comply with a legal obligation, for example:
(a) When you exercise your rights under data protection law and make requests;
(b) For compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and related disclosures;
(c) For establishment and defence of legal claims;
(d) For activities in relation to the prevention, detection, and investigation of crime;
(e) To monitor emails, calls, other communications, and activities.
4. Based on your consent, for example;
(a) When you request My Home Move Conveyancing to disclose your personal data to other people or organisations, such as a company handling a claim on your behalf, or otherwise agree to disclosures;
(b) When My Home Move Conveyancing process any special categories of personal data about you at your request (e.g. your biometric data, data concerning your health); and
(c) To send you marketing communications where we have asked for your consent to do so.
Please note that you are free at any time to change your mind and withdraw your consent. The consequence might be that we cannot do certain things for you.
Sharing of your personal data
Subject to applicable data protection laws we may share your data with:
- The Simplify Group of companies which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries;
- Sub-contractors and other persons who help us provide the website, conveyancing service and quote ;
- Companies and other persons providing services to us;
- Our legal and other professional advisors, including our auditors and insurers;
- Courts, to comply with legal requirements, and for the administration of justice;
- In an emergency or to otherwise protect vital interests;
- To third parties in order to protect the security or integrity of our business operations;
- To third parties when we restructure or sell our business or its assets or re-organise or merge;
- Market research organisations who help to improve our services;
- Anyone else where we have your consent or as required by law.
How you use our website (analytics)
You can visit our website without giving away your personal information. My Home Move Conveyancing uses Google Analytics and Cookies in order to improve our service, user experience and analyse how the website is used. Aside from the approximate location (IP address), the information collected by Google Analytics is mostly anonymous traffic data including browser information, device information, language.
We do not collect additional information, such as your age, gender, interests or bank details. However, we do monitor traffic from websites who link to our website.
Information which you provide to us is stored on our secure servers located in the UK. However, data that we collect from you may be also transferred to, or processed in, a destination outside the UK. In particular, we have operations centres in India which access and process data and we engage some third parties that may store or process personal data outside of the UK. Where it is we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with our privacy notice. If you require further information as to where your personal data is transferred to, and the measures we have implemented to safeguard that information, please contact our Data Protection Officer by emailing DataProtection@myhomemove.com
What if I am aged 18 or under?
If you are aged 18 or under please get your parent/guardian’s prior permission whenever you provide personal information through the My Home Move Conveyancing website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information. Please note that individuals under 18 are unable to purchase a property in the United Kingdom.
Direct Marketing Communications
If you have chosen to opt-in to our direct marketing communications, we will use your information to tell you about products and services available from us which may be of interest to you. We may also use your information to tell you about products and services we can introduce from selected businesses.
You have a right to opt-out of our direct marketing communications at any time. You can opt out by following the Unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the communication or by emailing email@example.com
Links to websites of other providers third parties
How long will the data be stored for?
Your personal data will be stored by Simplify for as long as it is required for My Home Move Conveyancing’s legitimate business or legal reasons. My Home Move Conveyancing will then erase the data safely and securely.
Protecting your privacy
In order to protect the personal data collected from you by My Home Move Conveyancing against accidental or deliberate manipulation, loss, destruction or the access of unauthorised persons, technical and organisational security measures are constantly improved as part of our technological development. In addition, our employees, subcontractors and other support staff are obligated to observe confidentiality and data privacy.
Any access to your data that is stored at our company only takes places through an encrypted connection. By using the most up-to-date firewall systems, we provide the best possible protection for your data. Our website, as well as our internal case management systems, and our external case management portals (Client eWay and Introducer eWay) are encrypted using a SSL/TLS (Secure Sockets Layer/ Transport Layer Security) connection. SSL is an industry standard and is used by millions of websites in the protection of their online transactions with their customers.
Wherever possible, we have tried to create a secure and reliable website for our users. However, you recognise that your use of the Internet and our website is entirely at your own risk and we have no responsibility or liability for the security of personal information transmitted via the Internet. All passwords and usernames allocated to you must be kept secret and must not be disclosed to anyone without our prior written authorisation. You must not use any false identity or email or other network communications and you must not attempt or participate in the unauthorised entry or viewing of another user’s account or into another system.
You must not use the services and/or network systems or any part thereof for fraudulent activities, or to breach another organisation’s security (cross-network hacking). You must not use any computer, computer equipment, network resources or any services provide by us for any illegal purpose, or of accessing, receiving or transmitting any material deemed illegal, indecent, offensive or other unacceptable under UK Law.
We will monitor network traffic from time to time for the purposes of backup and problem solving and in order to ensure that you are not misusing any of the services provided to you.
If at any time we become aware that your data has been compromised, or that a breach of our systems and controls has occurred, which has an impact on the security of your data, we will notify the Information Commissioner’s Office, and you, without delay.
Your rights under applicable data protection law
- Your rights are as follows (please note that these rights do not always apply in all circumstances):
- The right to be informed about how we are processing your personal data;
- The right at any time to withdraw your consent to our use of your data, but if you do so we may no longer be able to provide services to you.
- The right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed;
- The right to object to processing of your personal data;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to have your personal data erased;
- The right to request access to your personal data and information about how we process it;
- The right to move, copy, transfer your personal data and
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making including profiling.
If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact our Data Protection officer in writing:
Data Protection Officer
My Home Move Conveyancing
1 Frances Way,
Right to Complain
You have the right to complain about Data Protection to My Home Move Conveyancing’s supervisory authority the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). It has enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection laws. You can contact the ICO on 0303 123 1113 or by visiting their website: https://ico.org.uk.
This policy will be reviewed, and may change, from time to time as a result of further development of our website, changes to legislation or the implementation of new technologies. My Home Move Conveyancing reserves the right to change this data protection information at any time with effect for the future. The revised policy will be posted to this page so that you are always aware of the information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we disclose it. We therefore recommend you read the current data protection information again from time to time.
Last updated: June 2023
Date of Next Review: June 2024