a couple relaxing at home with their dog

Specialist conveyancing services

We work with expert conveyancing firms across the UK that enable us to offer help with specialist services. Find out more about the specialist conveyancing services we can offer through our conveyancing partners below.

a couple at home discussing their equity release options

Equity release

Equity release is a way for homeowners, aged over 55, to get access to a cash lump sum (known as equity) that was previously tied up in their home. There are various products that give you the ability to release equity, the most common is a lifetime mortgage. When the money released, you can then use it to do what you would like e.g. renovate your home, use as extra income in retirement, or even gift to family members to help them get on the property ladder.

houses in a new estate which you can purchase through shared ownership

Shared ownership

Shared ownership purchases can be a bit more complicated that a standard house purchase and you are part renting and part buying a property. This means that you may want or need a specialist conveyancer to help guide you through the process. Specialist conveyancers that deal specifically with this nature of transactions work closely with the financial advisors and housing authorities nationwide, so they can help you understand how the various Affordable Housing Schemes work and make the legal transfer of your new home.

happy family in the kitchen after sorting their wills out


Wills ensure that your property, finances and loved ones are taken care of should you die. Whilst the topic of a will may be something you think can be put off, it is a good idea to consider the comfort of having one in place, especially when you own your home.

a leasehold house for sale

Leaseholds and lease extensions

If your property has a short lease (fewer than 80 years remaining) it may cause problems when you come to sell or remortgage your home. Providing that you have owned your property for more than two years, you can apply to extend your lease, whether or not the freeholder agrees to it. You will need a specialist conveyancer to provide guidance and advice on the best course of action, and support you throughout the process.

house waiting for probate to be sold


When applying for probate, solicitors will help to make a hard job during a difficult time as seamless as possible. There are three stages of probate to follow when dealing with the estate of a deceased family member or friend, and a specialist conveyancer will support you throughout. They will gather details of the values of all the assets of the estate from all relevant parties, they will complete probate application forms and (if the value of the estate exceeds £325,000) calculating the amount of inheritance tax due and they will register the grant of probate with all banks etc, collect all the assets and pay out to the beneficiaries named within the will (if there is one). There will be a final account produced and they will deal with the deceased’s final tax return.

Find out more about our conveyancing partners